This is one of those recipes that’s so easy it’s barely a recipe but don’t let that put you off. If it’s a great mixture of really, really tasty and leaves you feeling all healthy and virtuous!
I use quite a bit of harissa because I get the own brand from the local supermarket and it’s quite mild. I have had it at other times and it’s been super-hot so worth a careful taste first and then use your judgement depending on how hot you like your food.
With the chickpeas, this is hearty enough to server on its own but I like it with brown rice and a good dollop of Greek yoghurt to mix in with it as I eat it.
Harissa-Roast Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp rose harissa paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Break the cauliflower up into medium-sized florets and put on a baking tray large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Mix together the olive oil, rose harissa and honey and drizzle over the cauliflower.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the cauliflower, mix it up well and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt and brown rice.