Smoky Red Pepper And Sweetcorn Soup
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 300 g frozen sweetcorn
- Black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, red pepper, smoked paprika, coriander and cumin and fry for a few minutes, stirring well.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth (it will still have quite a grainy texture because of the fibrous sweetcorn) and season with black pepper.